Setting You Up For Success
Academic Success Plans (ASPs) exist for students who are interested in improving their academic performance in one or more areas. The Center for Academic Success (CfAS) and collaborating departments have come together to create a holistic program for students who have concerns with balancing their academic performance with their life responsibilities. Each program is individual to the student, which is how small learning communities can be created at such a large institution like FIU.
The ASP is comprised of the following:
- An orientation/reflection session where students have an opportunity to look back and discuss their academic performance from previous semesters
- Diagnostic sessions in reading and mathematics to determine any areas of improvement in fundamental academic skills
- Subject-specific tutoring in student’s choice of development
- Individualized sessions with an Academic Coach to develop time management, stress management and/or test anxiety
- Individualized communication between the students, CfAS team, advisors and professors